Busy Busy

I have been busy.

I I told you that I got a job here in OK. Did I mention I got 2 jobs?

At the very tail end of June, I started working at JoAnn’s and at the Fort Sill RecPlex. The RecPlex is a place for Soldiers to hang out. It’s only open in the afternoon and evening, so I’ve been working mornings at JoAnn’s and afternoon/evenings at the RecPlex. This lead to 40+ hour weeks for the past couple weeks.

I decided I will not be staying on at JoAnn’s. I’ll stop working after this week, along with the other temporary employees.

I thought this would set me back on my fitness and weight loss, but I was wrong. I am on my feet all the time at JoAnn’s, and even do some heavy lifting. I get in a run or ride when I can, even made it to the pool for some laps. And I’ve been sticking to the calorie goal that the Wellness Center gave me. I’m down 5 pounds. Go me!

Now to keep this up. In August, I’ll have mornings free to workout. I was researching and looking for programs to follow, because I like having guidance in my strength training, when I remembered that I have a couple friends going to school for that kind of thing. Ok, one going to school and one just finished school. Turns out the one who just finished is looking for some people to personally train so she can build up a client base and reputation.

So I have a personal trainer now! My friend Sasha is going to help me with both fitness and nutrition. She understands my fears about losing it all during the move, since she is also an Army wife and just moved. She has a blog over at mountaingirlsoul.com.

The other day, we talked on the phone about where I am and what I want. We talked about how often I work out, what I like to do, and what kind of things I have access to. We talked about food, what I do and don’t like, and what I struggle with. I’m going to keep a food journal for 5 days (track on myfitnesspal) and send that to her so she can see my habits. From there, she’ll work with me on a nutrition plan and we’ll set up a fitness schedule and exercise recommendations for me to start on. The goal is to get me into a routine that I can keep up during the transition to our next location.

I’m rather excited. I get a personal trainer, that I like, for free. I’ll weigh myself once a week. I also need to get back into the Wellness Center for a body comp test. It’s been a month and a half. That’s ok. Life was rather busy this month.


Here are some “before” pics, taken Saturday morning. Let’s see if I can remember to take new pics after a month or two and compare.

I don't know what I was looking at



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice