Update Needed

Ok, so it's been a month since I posted. It's been a busy month. J has been crazy with work. I have just been crazy, but that's nothing new. So, updates:

Weight:
sucks. I'm back up to 155. But I also haven't been tracking calories. I've adjusted myfitnesspal to 1500 calories. I will log calories burned as well and remember to maintain a deficit on days I workout. 1500 is my minimum for rest days. We'll see how that goes before talking to the girls at the Wellness Center about it.

Fitness:
Ran a half marathon yesterday in 2 hours 26 minutes. Not my greatest, not my slowest. I really felt like I could go faster for most of the race, but I was watching my heart rate and trying to not get it too high. J had the same issue with heart rate - going at the speed that felt right pushed the heart rate up "too high."

Marathon training is going well. I had one week that set me back, thanks to a weather migraine and some super craziness with Rear D Life. I'm skipping the next "slow down" week for training. The weekday runs are feeling good, and even Rem has kept up - up to 6 miles! The cool/cold mornings are wonderful for him. I think I need to invest in another pair of long running tights.

Cycling is my cross training now. I did pretty good on the Tour De Tolerance, especially for doing the whole thing by myself on a windy day. Honey was just in for a tune-up, so the next ride should be pretty smooth.

Migraines:
Like I said, I had a migraine that put me out for a week. Then another the next week. I had a friend and my mom mention that I seemed to be having them quite a bit lately. Yeah. Not a good sign. I went ahead and scheduled a doctor's appointment for next Friday. I wasn't supposed to follow up until a month from now, but I feel like I've had them too much lately. Also, the prescription strength ibuprofen barely touches the pain. I need something different. Or I need someone to tell me what drugs I can supplement with. I've been keeping my pain journal, but I'm having lots of icepick headaches lately.

Mental Health:
Stress hasn't been too horrible the past month. Even with J being crazy busy, I haven't had too much anxiety. I've managed to do what needs done most days, and when I don't get things done it's not from anxiety. I think the Celexa is working wonders. Now we just need to get the pain management figured out.

Other News:
Big breakthrough - I talked to my brother. Like, a real conversation. We spoke on the phone, and he sounded more like my old brother (pre-psycho-ex) than he has in a long time. It was a good conversation. It was a long time coming, but I'm glad it happened. I've missed him. I believe I mentioned our relationship in my Yom Kippur post, and I'm glad that it's coming around to a better place this year.

I think that's it! I'll try to be a better blogger. Maybe I'll do a post on how I'm trying to decorate for Christmas this year even though I'm a total Grinch. It's for J. I must really like this guy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There