Time To Get Serious

About my head, that is. I saw the wonderful Dr. Cobo on Friday. She looked at my migraine journal, agreed that I was still having too much pain, and went into action.

I'm trying a new drug, Fioricet, but she said this is the last of the standard drugs to try. So she is also setting up some referrals for me. I had an MRI done back in, oh, 2004 I think, with no results. They actually said my brain was normal. My migraines have changed quite a bit since then, so she figured it's time for another one. Also, I have a referral for a Neurologist. And Optometry, mostly because it's been so long since I've had a full eye exam.

Now, being on TRICARE, I get to wait for them to contact me about the referrals, which sucks. But, I don't have to pay for it, so I'm not complaining too much. I haven't had to use the fioricet yet, so I don't know if I get any of the side effects. I'll update more as I get the referral appointments done.

I also talked to her about my foot. When I ran the half marathon last weekend, my right foot was very sore after. I had some pain during my runs and any time I was on my feet for a long time through the week. The pain came from the ball of my foot at the big toe joint, and was felt mostly on the top of my foot. Doc said it was a common runner's injury dealing with the metatarsals and tendons. It could be healed with rest, or made worse with running too much. I had already decided to rest on Thursday, and Friday was a rest day anyway.

So, I did not run this weekend, which was an easy decision to make with the freezing temps outside. I also ordered a new pair of running shoes - Merrell Bare Access Arc 3. Long name. It's the Merrell zero drop line, with more cushion. Vivo doesn't really make a running shoe with cushion, so I went back to Merrell. Of course, the nearest store to carry them was up in Ruidoso, and they only had in the hideous hot pink ones. Amazon to the rescue! I got black. They get here Tuesday. Yay!

Anywho, we are moving forward on the head front and learning how to be a long distance runner.

Coming up....
The end of the Big D, Thanksgiving with the Nesoms, and my next Stitch Fix!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad that you found an awesome doctor that will actually take the time to LISTEN! Hope you can get the migraine thing figured out soon (TRICARE-dependent) and that your foot feels better in the new kicks! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Merrell Bare Access shoes I have. I have 2 pairs now. I couldn't run in them because I need support and blah blah, but I love just wearing them around because they're like not wearing shoes, basically.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice