Ain't Nobody Got Time For That

*WARNING* Possible TMI: discussion of cycles and hormones.

I'm experiencing my second migraine since I started taking feverfew. It started yesterday (Tuesday), but I can now look back and see that I had a side effect on monday as well. Monday I got the munchies, which I often do with migraines. I just can't seem to get enough to eat. It wasn't a huge case of munchies, but it was there. Yesterday I had a headache and noticed I was sensitive to sound. Tried Ibuprofen, but it wasn't helping.

I ended up taking the tramadol in the evening and a second one before bed. Had my usual tramadol insomnia, so I was up for 2 hours in the middle of the night. This morning I was still tire, but had things to do and places to go. So I got up. Definitely not 100%. I got a latte before my early morning meeting, and had some sharp pains towards the end. I think that was stress, because as soon as I left, it was better. Kristy and I stopped by my house so I was able to get the painkillers I forgot earlier, then went to breakfast.

I took a tramadol before my afternoon errand, which fortunately wasn't stressful. But when I got home from that, the head wasn't better. I took 2 more tramadol (it had been long enough to take more).

Now, what caused this? I do have some tension in my back and neck right now, especially on the right, as usual. I booked a massage for tomorrow afternoon since I still have my gift certificate from my sis. Hopefully that helps.

I'm also a week and a half from finishing this round of BC (birth control). I have been known to start PMS symptoms this early, so maybe it's hormones? Nothing I can really do about that except wait it out.

Back to the munchies. Yesterday I couldn't seem to get enough to eat, which I've noticed more with my migraines of late. I believe I've talked about this before. My metabolism seems to change on these days, because I can pig out and not put on weight, but only during the migraine. Today I ate a big breakfast that's usually too much for me, which really told me the migraine wasn't done yet. I was munchie this afternoon, too.

Now, however, I'm swinging the other way. Really not hungry. Don't want to eat, but I know I need to have something for dinner. I'll figure something out.

Tomorrow is a pretty easy day. Yoga, tasty vegan lunch, and my massage. I hope that helps me kick this one to the curb.

I gotta admit, if I get one migraine every 2 to 3 months, that's doable. I can handle that much better than a migraine every 2 weeks.

In other news, because I'm excited about it, I ordered a new sewing machine! I decided on a Janome DC2013. It's white and blue. It comes with a bunch of quilting accessories and 50 stitches. I'm anxiously watching the tracking because I can't wait to set it up and see how it sews!

Comments

  1. Wish I would have tucked another bowl of soup in the fridge for you. I have tons left over and then you wouldn't be worried about making something... Can't wait to see your new machine when it shows up!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice