Time For More Updates

Project: Family

The reunion was a success! It was good to see some cousins that I haven't seen in a while, and great to see my sis and her family. I came home with more than I left with: anniversary gift from the folks, early birthday gift and books from my sis, and a wool coat and rocking chair from my great aunt. The rocking chair was bought for auntie's mother long before I was in this world, but none of her kids wanted it. It's gorgeous! I also got my god mother's wool coat. It's very 80s, but I'm removing the shoulder pads. Amazing what a difference that makes.

Now, the in-laws are coming to town this weekend, just for the weekend. J's getting promoted on Friday and they wanted to be here for it. We'll only have Friday and Saturday with them before they head back on Sunday.


Project: Healthy Charla

Blood work was done. My cholesterol is on the higher side of normal, but still normal. Thyroid is all the normal range. The only thing not in the normal range was 1 thing on the iron panel. And I can't remember exactly what it was at this moment, but I have plenty of iron in my blood. Which is probably why it takes forever for my bruises to go away.

On the migraine front, the maxalt seems to work, or at least help, but I then get rebound headaches. I'm still not entirely happy with my head, but I know, it's a slow process. I still have acupuncture on my list of possibilities.


Project: Whip My Ass Into Shape

Didn't get as much accomplished as I'd hoped. The traveling wasn't so much an issue, but the migraine was. I did do a 6 mile run last Friday and felt great doing it. Then I decided to have a couple drinks friday night, and ended up drunk (at home, fortunately). Apparently, the combo of migraine meds for a week and then alcohol (and maybe something else?) messed with my system and I have a sour stomach that won't go away. I just walked this morning since I was still worried about having a stomach bug, but a chat with mom eased my worries about that.

I might try a bike ride tomorrow, and I'll be taking antacids probably all week. Ugh. Gotta try for a long run on Friday though.


Project: Clean House

Yeah, this totally got side-railed with all the migraininess the past couple weeks. Trying to get back on track this week and stick with it. Today I managed to get my chores done and take out the trash and recycling. Hopefully I can keep it up all week. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There