The Anatomy of a Migraine

I got a migraine today. Still have it, in fact. It's not my typical migraine. It came on rather suddenly compared to the week-long buildup I usually have.

I went for a run this morning. Pretty good. Jessica came over and picked out some fabric for a little project I'm making for her (that I plan on blogging as long as I remember to take photos throughout). I went to belly dance. Good times.

At belly dance, I noticed my zils were hurting on my thumbs. My hands were swollen. I started drinking more water. I sat down for a bit. Then Amber commented that I looked pale. I tend to lose color in my face with migraines.

So I sat for the rest little bit of belly dance and drank more water, oh and took some ibuprofen. She said I looked a little better by the time we left, but I was starting to get the foggy feeling of a migraine, and my brain was not processing correctly.

So instead of going to decorate mugs, I went home via Sonic. I needed food. I ate my hamburger, browsed online for a bit, then decided to go to bed. I think that was around 1pm. I woke up around 3:45pm. Felt better, but not good enough to walk to Nancy Louise's house. I drove instead. Just wanted to hang out with the girls for a while. Well, girls and boys. Andrew, Jack, Cameron, and Ramzy. That's in age order. All under 2. Total cutie pies.

I'm still iffy, and even took some tramadol with dinner. I like my prescription meds. I stay somewhat clear minded with just one. If I have to take 2, I get foggy and usually just go to sleep.

Not sure what triggered this one. I'm not more stressed than I have been the past few weeks. Only thing I can think of is that maybe I over did the working out? Or didn't eat/drink enough to go with it? Monday I walked Remy then belly danced for about an hour and a half. Tuesday I did a 5K with Remy. Today I did another 5K, then went to belly dance. I have plans to run again tomorrow, but we'll see how I feel in the morning. I think I'll take another tramadol before bed to help me sleep it off.

I have no plans for tomorrow during the day, so I think I'll get started on that project for Jessica. Could probably finish it if I work at it. Then again, I thought about going to JoAnnes and getting some different thread for it. And I need a new cutting mat since I warped mine. I could still get quite a bit done on them. Curious yet? You'll see. I want to start blogging some of my crafts. This will be the start.

Time now to go lay in bed and probably crash right away. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice