Duke the Daredevil

Well, maybe. Yesterday evening I was cleaning up so some friends could come over for dinner. I took Duke's bed off of the little chair he's been sleeping in all week. I brushed off the seat with my hand and saw something bigger than dust stuck in the lip of the seat cushion. Naturally I picked it up.

It was Duke's tooth. Not the whole tooth, but most of the tooth. Apparently, he broke his bottom canine. I looked in his mouth and saw right away where the root was still stuck.

So, of course, we went to the vet today. She was shocked that he could have broken a tooth as thick as that and not be in pain or have bled all over. The weirdest part is that I have no idea how he did it. I haven't seen him fall or run into anything. I haven't seen the dog getting any rougher than usual when they play.

And as I type this, Duke bites at his tags. Could that be it? Could he have broken a tooth trying to get his collar off? I just don't know. I don't even know where it happened. He could easily have picked up the tooth and took it up in the chair with him. Yeah.

The vet gave him an antibiotic shot and he'll go in Wednesday morning to have that root extracted. I am sure she will look for any other damage while she has him under anesthesia. She's cool like that.

And the crazy bugger still loves his hard crunchy food, too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice