The Bandwagon

I'm thinking of jumping on it. The Weight Watchers (WW) Bandwagon, that is.

Two of my friends are currently using WW, and having good results. One is having amazing results. Two more friends are about to start it. I'm starting to wonder if I should give it a try.

If you read this regularly, or have know me a while, you know that I previously lost weight following Sparkpeople.com. And then I gained it back. I haven't been able to get back down to that 160, but I have shaved off more inches since I started training for the half marathon. Dropped a pants size, and pretty sure I can fit into Grandma Shirley's black dress, if someone zips it up for me. Hard to zip.

But I feel like I could be doing so much better. I know I don't eat well. I know I eat more than I should. I absolutely suck at tracking my food on sparkpeople anymore. I wonder if thinking of it in terms of points would make it easier for me to track and stick with it.

I also need to start some strength training, but I keep thinking I will start that after the half. I know, I know, I need to just do it. Thanks, Nike.

I'm not the strongest when it comes to willpower. And especially when it comes to dessert. And most especially when it comes to chocolate dessert. Any time of day. I loves me some chocolate. Rich chocolate. Mmmmmmmmmmm.

But anywho, what has kept me away from WW up to now is the cost. I figured I could do it on my own for free. Turns out I can't do it on my own, huh. I have no discipline. I am a weak willed person. Chocolate is my best friend and my worst enemy.

I know that I still have to work on the discipline thing. I know that. But would breaking it down to smaller numbers help? You know, this means is 1-10 points instead of so many hundreds of calories. Plus, I know I could stand to eat more fruits and veg. I like that the new WW points program has all fruits and some veg at 0 points. So you eat your meal, and if you're still hungry, you snack on fruits and veg. Yes, I do call it veg. Just ask my husband. That's with a soft g, not a hard one.

So - WW online program (because I don't want to work meetings into my schedule) has a deal on 3 months. You basically get a month and some change for free if you pay it all at once. I could do that, I could sign up for 3 months, and if I don't like it/don't see progress, I could cancel before it does the auto-renewal thing.

I think I will, well, think about it, for the rest of the weekend. I will decide once J goes back to work.

Oooo, trip next weekend, get-away for a couple nights. Maybe I should wait and start when I get back? We will be eating out. A lot. So much to think about...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There