Back On The Chain Gang

Ok, not really, but back home. I spent a week in Maryland for my BFF's wedding.

It was fan-freaking-tastic!

The greatest part was that Misty (the BFF), Alison (the third corner of our triangle) and I were together again. We haven't been together in, oh, 9 years? Something like that. Yeah. Long time. Together, we have the Catholic School Teacher, the ex-Mormon Whedon geek, and the Heathen. Yeah, that last one is me. We make quite the team. We balance each other out rather well.

I also saw Misty's mom, sister, brother, and 5 nieces. Wow.

The wedding was fun. A simple ceremony outside, then a relaxed, horror-movie themed reception inside. It was fun. We danced, we talked, we ate, we drank. Then we cleaned up, and Al and I crashed in my hotel room.

I also kept up my training while out there. First was a 3 mile run on Friday. SUCK. It also happened to be the most humid day during my stay. I only ran maybe 2/3 of it. Since the wedding was Saturday night, I didn't even bother trying to run Sunday. I did it Monday. 7 miles in humidity (not as bad as Friday) and hills. And I did it in 1 hour 25 minutes. Not bad!

Wednesday, however, I didn't get my 4 mile run in. I got to bed late the night before, and wanted plenty of sleep before traveling all day. Thought I might get a run in when I got home, but my last flight was delayed. By the time I was home I was exhausted.

So I walked the mutt this morning, and we'll do 5 miles instead of 4 tomorrow. I'll try to keep on schedule and do 8 miles on Sunday. If I need to, I can redo this week. It would put me a little behind for the 10 mile run in August, but it's doable.

I didn't eat so well in MD. I didn't eat out a whole lot, but I didn't eat as well as I try to at home. We cooked large meals at Misty's house a lot of the time. Saved me a little money, though. I did get some fresh seafood as well. Misty's new FIL steamed blue crab for us. Yes, fresh steamed blue crab. D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

My last evening in MD, I did bra fittings. Surprise! Not really. I fit all the women in Misty's house. That's 5 girls and 4 women. I'll talk more about that over at the Bra Crusader, though.

It is good to be home, and will be even better when J gets home from the field tonight. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

The Roof of Africa - Getting There