Drama Sucks

I have to write about this because my brain will not stop turning it over and over. It kept me up for 2 hours in the middle of the night.

My brother called my mom and sister yesterday. Mom was working and couldn't talk. Dotti, unfortunately, got drawn in, thinking he might want/need her help. She's not the bitch I am (which is probably why I didn't get a call).

He claimed he'd done jail time for stealing money from work. It dwindled down into an argument with his wife, as always.

So I did some research. First, he was found guilty of Battery/Domestic Violence and given 2 years probation. Then he was found guilty of felony theft. He did some jail time for the theft and probation violation.

I cannot wrap my head around the fact that my brother has a felony on his record now. And that his wife would still be with him after being found guilty of both domestic violence and felony theft, all while claiming she never wanted to marry him in the first place.

This is what kept me up in the middle of the night. I don't know how Tom is supposed to support 5 kids now. He's a felon. That's going to severely limit the jobs available to you. I worry about him. I think about him every day. I don't think his wife would let us know if something really bad happened to him unless she thought she would get something out of it. No one let us know about this felony thing until well after the fact.

I talked to DJ (Tom's former best friend, disowned with the rest of us) last night, and it was a great talk. I sent him the link to Tom's record. I don't think I want to tell Mom or Dotti. Not yet anyway. I saved the link. I hope Dotti doesn't read this. If one of them brings it up, I will say that yes, he really did serve time. I have the proof.

I don't know how to help Tom. You can't call him (even if I had the current number) without her being on the phone. And since he never calls me, who's to say he would believe/trust me anyway?

I think I need to drink some of my kava tea today. I found out that a book I've been wanting to read is available at my closest library branch, so I think I will go pick it up. I ordered my book club book with 2 day delivery, so I can hop right into that one next. I have a play date scheduled for Remy with a friend this afternoon. I'm going to try to get some sewing done.

 I'm going to spend the weekend relaxing with my husband, maybe go see a movie. I'm doing my first trail run Sunday morning. I'm not going to let him bring my life to a halt for his drama.

I had a dream last night that I was somewhere with Tom, and just wanted to use the bathroom. But there was this mountain of clothes falling over the toilet. As I tried to clear it off, clothes would keep falling in the toilet water. Tom laughed and came in to help right before I woke up. Does this mean that I think he makes everything go to shit? Down the toilet? I don't know. I don't want to know. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice