It's January 10th

I know, so what, right?

Today is my grandfather's 82nd birthday. He's not been doing so good lately. He and Grandma are all that's left of my grandparents.

It's also Zach's 2nd birthday. This is the part that really gets me down. I was so excited to finally have a nephew when he was born. I saw him last Christmas, just before he turned 1. I know have no contact with my brother or any of his kids. Sure as hell not his wife.

At the same time, I'm grateful that I have some good friends down here whose babies I do get to see and play with. It helps me deal with being so far away from my nieces and out of touch with Tom's kids. I have to admit, I have not missed the drama at all. Not even the tiniest bit. My life has been quieter and I can get more done because I'm not dealing with the bullshit.

It still makes me a little sad, but when I look at my puppy playing outside, and watch the kitty on the windowsill, I know I'll be just fine.

Comments

  1. I'm sorry bud! I don't think I know the whole story.. but it sounds like a horrible situation that doesn't really have a good solution either way. You can love on my little monster any time you'd like :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice