Good Times

I had a good day yesterday. Got grocery shopping done, went to a meeting, had lunch with friends, made breakfast cookies, did my pushups, and even went for a short run with the pup.

It's hard to believe that a "short run" for me is 2 miles. 2 years ago, I could barely run for a whole minute! It felt good yesterday to get out there and run, and pup did pretty good at sticking with me.

I also weighed myself this morning. This is my first weigh-in since I restarted sparkpeople. I weighed about 173 when I started, and weighed 171 today. 2 pounds in the first weekish is right on track.

So now I'm going to work hard and stick with it. J and I plan on hiking more this year, and I found out that hiking burns tons of calories. He's going to train with me (as my coach) for Bataan. I'm going to push myself to run more, even if I just do my 1.5 to 2 mile run routes.

This morning, early, like around 2am when I couldn't get back to sleep, I started composing an article on my journey as a runner, including what shoes I wore at each stage. I'm thinking of writing it up. I'll post it here if I do.   If I can keep up the running, I will have earned the new shoes I hope to get next month. Merrell will be releasing their barefoot line, and J is almost as excited as I am. He would love to get a pair of those since they would work for PT (some commanders don't like the look of VFFs).

And, if I continue to lose weight, I will talk to J about a trip to my favorite bra store as a reward when we fly to KS for easter. I'm in a GG right now and want to get back down to a G. If I went to FF or F eventually, I would take that as well since it opens up more brands and styles for me to choose from. You know that would make me happy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice