Turkey Trot

This morning was an annual Army 10k to earn points for the Commander's Cup. Don't ask me for more info because I don't know. But along with the 10k was a 5k that was open to DOD civilians and dependents. So I ran the 5k.

It was COLD! About 37 degrees at both the start and finish. I was at the back of the pack. Seriously, there were only 2 people behind me.

I ran the whole way, no walking. I warmed up enough to take my gloves off. And as I finished, I was in shock. 32:50!! I finished in 32 minutes and 50 seconds!! That is my FASTEST. 5K. EVER. I mean seriously, it's about 2 minutes faster than my fastest time last year! And it's a whole 5 minutes faster than my last 5k.

So needless to say, I'm feeling pretty good today. J finished his 10k at a good time, and we came home to a nice hot shower. I ran a few errands and did some ironing. This afternoon I'm getting my hairs did with the girls, and makeup done. Then it's off to the ball! I have a gorgeous blue dress that I got second-hand from a friend. Amazingly, it fits perfectly, and it had been fitted to her when she got it.

Tomorrow is the yard sale in the morning, which I will work for Relay For Life, and after that my folks should get into town. We'll have an early Thanksgiving dinner with them on Sunday. I'm excited for them to meet Remy!

Ok. Time to get busy again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice