I'm a worrisome mommy

My puppy isn't feeling well. He puked on our walk this morning, so we turned around and headed home. Then he had some diarrhea. When we got home I saw that he had had the diarrhea before we left (it was still dark when we left). I tried giving him a little breakfast, but that came back up as well.

Since then, he's had some more diarrhea, very watery. And he's very lethargic. He doesn't want to be inside, and I think that is because he doesn't want to have an accident in the house. So he's laying outside in the shady, damp, cool part of the lawn. I moved his water bowl right next to him. I can see him out the back door if I sit in my chair.

He is feeling a little better, because he's looking around and being curious about sounds, but I'm still rather anxious. Is this how new moms feel when their baby gets sick?

It's not even the first time, really. He got himself rather upset and had a pukey tummy after his first full weekend with Athena. But he didn't have the diarrhea then. Just pukey.

Looking at the past few days, the only thing that's changed is that we tried an OTC allergy pill for dogs. He just gets so itchy all the time. Of course there's always the chance he ate some piece of garbage that was blown into the backyard. I cleaned up his poo this morning and found one pile that had some small black plastic bits in it. Like he'd chewed up and eaten a pen cap.

J will probably be home for lunch, and if Remy doesn't perk up at seeing daddy, then I think we'll go to the vet's this afternoon.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice