8K Training

I've had a good morning. J got to come home and walk with Remy and me, then he cooked me breakfast and made coffee. I love my mornings with J.

I went for a run after he left for work. The 3 mile track I run has a short stretch of sidewalk in it. I call it Bird Poop Pass because of all the poo the birds drop there. Anywho, the Pass kinda cuts the track into 2 loops. I start part way into the first loop.

I ran most of the first part, walked the Pass, then ran the whole bottom loop, which is about a mile. I walked the Pass when I crossed it again, and ran the rest of the way. It was feeling good, so I actually kept going and added about half a mile before I had to stop and walk again. Then I threw in a short, slow run back to my start point. With the last walk and final run, it added about .8 miles to my regular 3 mile track.

And I feel good! I have a bit of a headache, but honestly that's common for me. I do plan to talk to my doc about that when I have an appointment in a month and a half. Might be time to switch up my migraine meds again.

So, I have 3 more weeks to work my way up from a 5k to an 8k. November 6 is the Grape Race and I plan to register for the 8k run. Today was a great start. I think on Friday, I will try to do the bottom loop (a mile long) twice. That will give me 4 miles. If I can do that for a week, I can add another mile after that. I hope. I will listen to my body and not push myself to the point of injury.

J and I might hit the pool tonight if he gets home in time. It would feel great on my body to stretch out in the water. If we don't make it tonight, I might try to go tomorrow.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

working on it

because I can

In Need of Advice